Welcome to UnderCover Borderline.

Hello, and thanks for reading. You can call me Dee. I'm a young college woman with a lot on her plate, on top of BPD.
I don't go to therapy, or take medication. I would love to, I'm positive it would be ridiculously helpful. But I have yet to find a doctor who takes my insurance, is accepting new patients, and is willing to take a BPD client. So until my luck changes, or I'm convincing enough to get a doctor to take me, I suffer.
This blog is my life, as I perceive it.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Manipulation?

I'm pretty good at reading people. I know what responses with bring us closer, what will push us farther apart. I know how to get someone to open up, I know how to make them withdraw from me.

Is that manipulation? Is that wrong? Or is hypersensitivity a good thing, a way to make me feel like I can still connect to people?

I've been feeling very alone and distant.

We had sex last night, and I got into it [for the first time in ages]. But today he's been mean to me. My son has been fussing and I feel like I'm going to 'splode. What do nons do when they feel all rage-y? I'm just trying not to take it out on him again. there's only so much someone can take before they're done. And this rage-y feeling happens too often, and then comes the depression. I hope I feel better later

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's manipulation unless you're doing it for purposes that are wrong and it doesn't sound like you are. I mean, I'd say manipulation would be getting someone to open up to you and tell you something so you could go gossip about them. It doesn't sound like you're doing that at all.

    As for your son, I don't know how old he is, but maybe give him some 'alone' time every day in his room for an hour or an hour and a half. A time set aside every single day where he has to stay in his room and play or take a nap so you can get a break to read, blog, rest, or whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete